1) He is now into identifying the shapes of his bowel movements. Last night’s was a triangle.
2) He likes to take a.l.l. of the books off his bookshelves (at least 100) and stay up into the wee hours of the night neatly putting them one next to the other on the floor, all around his room. When I walked in this morning to find his floor covered with neatly separated books, I asked him what he was doing. He declared proudly, “I made a choo-choo train! All the people are in the choo-choo train! All aboard!”
3) Along the same lines, the boy takes e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g to bed with him. We’re talking books, balls, puzzles, shoes, socks, underwear, everything. He barely has a place on the bed to lay his head.
4) He believes in monsters. I’m not sure where he picked that up, but he believes in monsters. After successfully convincing him that Daddy had put all the monsters in the garage, and buying 3 nightlights, he is back to sleeping through the night. Granted, it’s broad as day in there, but at least he’s sleeping.
5) He’s inherited his Mommy’s penchant for cleanliness. The other day, I walked in his room to find him washing his walls.
6) He believes anything that is broken can be fixed by adding batteries. Yesterday, he was having trouble putting the tupperware lid back on the cookie dish (the lid is bent). He declared, “Mommy! I need some batteries. The lid is broken.”
And on Halloween, my precious boy turns 3 years old. What oh what will come out of his mouth this next year?